This document is reviewed on an annual basis. Proposed revisions are subject to review and approval by the North Carolina EMG state coordinator, the North Carolina EMG State Management Team, the Extension leader for the Department of Horticultural Science, the NC State program leader—Agriculture and Natural Resources, the Director of the NC State Extension, NC State University Office of Legal Affairs, and NC State University's director of Insurance and Risk Management.
Individuals, local programs, or EMG Associations that fail to abide by these policies may be placed on probation, have privileges revoked, or both.
Local EMG programs may develop additional local guidelines provided they maintain the goals and standards set forth in this document. Volunteer hours and training requirements may exceed the minimum requirements. A copy of the proposed county policy statement should be submitted to the state EMG coordinator for approval and should be posted on the local EMG intranet site.
Publication date: May 29, 2019
Other Publications in NC State Extension Master Gardener Program Guidelines
- I. N.C. Cooperative Extension
- II. NC State Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program
- III. NC State Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Training
- IV. NC State Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program Policies
- V. NC State Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program Procedures
- VI. NC State Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Fundraising
- VII. Sources of Additional Information
- Appendix A. Master Gardener Volunteer Position Classifications and Descriptions
- Appendix B. Examples of Master Gardener Volunteer Roles
- Appendix C: NC State Extension Master Gardener Program Student / Intern Code of Conduct Form
- Appendix D: NC State Extension Master Gardener Program Volunteer Recertification Code of Conduct Form
- Appendix E. State and Local Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Associations
- Appendix F. Social Media Policy
N.C. Cooperative Extension prohibits discrimination and harassment regardless of age, color, disability, family and marital status, gender identity, national origin, political beliefs, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation and veteran status.