This document is reviewed on an annual basis. Proposed revisions are subject to review and approval by the North Carolina EMGV state coordinator, the North Carolina EMGV State Management Team, the Extension leader for the Department of Horticultural Science, the NC State program leader—Agriculture and Natural Resources, the Director of the NC Cooperative Extension Service, NC State University Office of Legal Affairs, and NC State University's director of Insurance and Risk Management.
Individuals, local programs, or EMGV Associations that fail to abide by these policies may be placed on probation, have privileges revoked, or both.
Local EMGV programs may develop additional local guidelines provided they maintain the goals and standards set forth in this document. Volunteer hours and training requirements may exceed the minimum requirements. A copy of the proposed county policy statement should be submitted to the state EMGV coordinator for approval and should be posted on the local EMGV intranet site.
Publication date: June 4, 2015
Last updated: Nov. 9, 2015
Other Publications in NC State Extension Master Gardener Program Guidelines
- I. North Carolina Cooperative Extension
- II. North Carolina Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program
- III. North Carolina Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Training
- IV. NC State Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program Policies
- V. North Carolina Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program Procedures
- VI. North Carolina Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Fund-Raising
- VII. Sources of Additional Information
- Appendix A. Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Position Classifications and Descriptions
- Appendix B. Examples of North Carolina Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Roles
- Appendix C: NC State Extension Master Gardener Program Student/Intern Code of Conduct Form
- Appendix D: NC State Extension Master Gardener Program Volunteer Recertification Code of Conduct Form
- Appendix E. State and Local Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Associations
- Appendix F. Social Media Policy
North Carolina State University and North Carolina A&T State University commit themselves to positive action to secure equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status or disability. In addition, the two Universities welcome all persons without regard to sexual orientation.