- Solar Outreach Partnership (SolarOps): Many valuable guides, articles, and more. Technical assistance no longer available.
- Solar Powering Your Community Guide: A Guide for Local Governments
- APA Planning Advisory Service Essential Information Packet on Planning and Zoning for Solar Energy
- Template Ordinance for Solar Energy Development in North Carolina – NC Clean Technology Center and NCSEA
- Installing Solar Panels on Historic Buildings - NC Clean Energy Technology Center
- Encouraging Solar Development through Community Association (HOAs) Policies and Processes – The Solar Foundation
- Solar Permitting Best Practices - Interstate Renewable Energy Council
- Expedited Permit Process - Solar America Board for Codes & Standards
- EPA/NREL Screening Sites for Solar PV Potential
NC Sustainable Energy Association (NCSEA) reports: Economics Impacts, Job Census, and much more
National Agricultural Law Center: Renewable Energy
A Residential Customer Guide to Going Solar – NC Clean Technology Center
- Property Taxes and Solar PV Systems: Policies, Practices, and Issues – NC Clean Technology Center
This information is not intended to constitute legal advice. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this information, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Readers are encouraged to consult a private attorney for their individual legal questions. Since this information is changing rapidly, readers should note the publication date. This factsheet is a working paper and represents research in progress. For any comments, please contact Ted Feitshans, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication date: May 13, 2016
N.C. Cooperative Extension prohibits discrimination and harassment regardless of age, color, disability, family and marital status, gender identity, national origin, political beliefs, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation and veteran status.